Community Food Distribution
The Awake Ministries’ Serenity Center, located at 98 7th Street, Shelbyville, KY, distributes food box meals to over 1,200 people in our community each week. Note: Proof of Shelby County residency is required.
The 2019 Monthly Food Pantry Schedule is as follows:
- 1st Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 2nd Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 3rd Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 4th Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce/Canned Goods/Meat
- 4th Thursday 9 am-1 pm – Senior Boxes (Prior approval required)
The Backpack Project provides weekend food to nearly over 300 children with a verified need. (Verification is obtained through the school system.) You can help us by donating the following individual sized items. Contact us at 502-647-5555 for drop off details.
Note: Kindly purchase easy access pop-top cans and please DO NOT donate any peanut products.
- Vienna Sausage
- Fruit Cup
- Snacks (chips, pudding, cheese crackers, Rice-Krispies Treats, etc.)