Community Food Distribution
The Awake Ministries’ Serenity Center, located at 98 7th Street, Shelbyville, KY, assists in meeting the food insecurity need in our community by distributing food boxes each week. Note: Proof of Shelby County residency is required.
The 2020 Monthly Food Pantry Schedule is as follows:
- 1st Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 2nd Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 3rd Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce
- 4th Wednesday 12-4 pm – Produce/Canned Goods/Meat
- 4th Thursday 9 am-1 pm – Senior Boxes (Prior approval required)
The Backpack Project provides weekend food to identified children with a verified need. (Verification is obtained through the school system.) You can help us by donating the following individual sized items. Contact us at 502-647-5555 for drop off details.
Note: Kindly purchase easy access pop-top cans and please DO NOT donate any peanut products.
- Vienna Sausage
- Fruit Cup
- Snacks (chips, pudding, cheese crackers, Rice-Krispies Treats, etc.)