Make a Donation
Food Distribution Center
  1. Do you have to be a Shelby County resident to use the Food Distribution Center?
    Yes, food can only be distributed to residents of Shelby County beginning 12/2/2022.
  2. Is there an income qualifier to receive food on Wednesdays?
    Yes.  Anyone picking up food will be required to sign a form stating that you meet the income guidelines set forth by the USDA.  This also applies to our Senior Program.  
  3. How can I sign up for Senior Boxes?
    There is an application process to sign up for Senior Boxes. Pick up an application at the Serenity Center Mon/Tues/Thurs from 8 am to 12 pm. at 98 7th Street.
  4. Can I bring food donations to the Food Distribution Center?                                                                                   Yes, drop off food donations at the Food Distribution Center Mon/Tues/Thurs from 8 am to 12 pm at 98 7th St.
  5. How can I make a financial donation to the Food Distribution Center? Click here or mail checks to:
    Awake Ministries
    PO Box 1302
    Shelbyville, KY 40066
  6. How can I volunteer?
    Learn more by visiting our volunteers page.
Residential Recovery Program
  1. How much does the recovery program cost?
    Our recovery program is at no charge to anyone enrolled in our program.
  2. How long is the program?
    The average length of the program is 4-6 months in-patient, depending on the individual. There is also a transitional extension for an additional 90 days.
  3. Can I work while in the program? During phase I (residential), the total focus is recovery and residents do not work. In the transitional portion of the program, residents begin looking for employment.
  4. How can I apply to the program? Contact us to set up an assessment with the men’s and women’s directors.
  5. Are you recognized by the courts? While we are not a state-accredited program, we have a good working relationship with the surrounding counties’ courts, and many of our residents are court-ordered. Probation and Parole also refer to us.
  6. Do you provide emergency housing?
    No. While we do offer housing, it is solely for those seeking addiction recovery treatment.
  7. What does family contact look like? After your initial 30 days acclimation period, you are allowed one phone call on Saturdays and family visits from 12-5 on Sundays.
  8. What kind of volunteers do you need for the recovery program? We are in constant need of volunteers in areas ranging from meals to maintenance to mentorship. Use our volunteer form here:
  9. How can I make a financial donation toward Men’s and Women’s Recovery?
    Donate now or mail to PO Box 1302, Shelbyville, KY 40066
  10. What kind of items do you take for donation?
    Furniture, appliances, and home goods are always welcomed. Call our office at 502-647-5555 for pickup and dropoff options. We only do pick ups on Fridays from 12-3. Drop-offs are Monday-Friday from 9-3.
    We also are in continual need of basic needs for our men’s and women’s houses. Call us for details or use our volunteer form if you are interested in providing supplies.  502-647-5555.